When it was suggested to me that I start a blog, one of the hardest hurdles for me to jump was coming up for a title for the blog itself. I settled on Just Ask Miss Jaide not only for the flow and the alliteration (definitely a fun aspect!) but also to imply my willingness to take suggestion on the material I write about. As I’m getting up and going, I want to ask the readers (parents, fellow teachers, childcare providers, nannies, whoever!) of this blog what topics they are most interested in seeing me post about!
Even though I am currently working with 3 – 4 year olds (that’s the age group many of you may associate me with) I have plenty of experience with toddlers as well. I was an assistant head teacher in a toddlers and 2’s room for almost four years! Please feel free to suggest any topic in the comments; knowing what my readers want to read is a big thing!
Just to get the ball rolling and those thoughts flowing, here are some things I have been asked about my parents over the years:
- Songs that I sing in the classroom(Which ones? Lyrics to take home?)
- Books to help get your children interested in reading
- How can I help saying goodbyes easier for my child?
- Any tips on potty-training? (I know this could be a loaded topic, but I also know a lot of parents ask it.)
- My child says that so-and-so doesn’t want to be their friend, what can I/you/we do about it?
- Letter recognition
- Teaching kids how to actually use their words!
Your feedback will help give this blog direction. Whilst sometimes I may feel a calling to particular topic, I have accumulated so many opinions on so many subjects that I feel a little guidance picking something may be a good way to get started. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,